Skip to main content
Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar

Readmission Procedure

Divider Line

Students whose enrollment at Michigan State University is interrupted for more than three consecutive terms (including Summer); whose last enrollment ended with recess or dismissal; or who have completed their academic program, need to submit an application for readmission. This application should be submitted at least one month prior to the beginning of the term in which the student expects to resume studies.

For information regarding readmission procedures, refer to the appropriate section of Academic Programs:

To apply for readmission, see the section at the bottom of this page. Graduate students needing to file a new graduate application must use the Online Application for Admission to Graduate Study. Students applying for readmission after academic recess or dismissal should refer to the section on Readmission After Recess or Dismissal found in the Academic Programs Catalog.

To apply for readmission, your identity must be validated.